Been dealing with depersonalization a lot lately. How can I help myself feel better I try to snap myself out of but sometimes it just doesn’t work. :(
Anxiety (Including GAD)
I’m sorry this is happening to you. it’s a big step to recognize it is happening and seek advice, so you’re doing the right thing. I don’t have a lot of experience with this but maybe talking to friends/family would help? often times other people can make us feel grounded<3
Thank u :)
I’m sorry you’ve been feeling that, it’s the worst. here’s some things that have helped me best:
- go on a walk to get your blood circulating more, it helps make you feel more awake and present
- don’t go on your phone, especially social media-it’s not grounding lol
- splash cold water on your face or alternatively take a hot shower-helps with sensory grounding
- take your shoes off and put your feet on the ground, focus on how that feels on your feet
- hug someone
- drink something fizzy or bubbly
Have a conversation with the closest person. Pet your pet. That’s what works for me.
☝ This content is generated by our users and it is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult with your physician before making any medical decision
Discover your Alikeness™ with people who are on the same journey, gain wisdom and get emotional relief in a secure & anonymous space.
Scan code or click below download the app