✋ All medical information presented in the App is not identified.
✋ All users in the application are anonymized.
✋ We will not sell your personal information to anyone.
✋ You have the right to have your personal information deleted at any time.
As you use our Mobile Application, Alike will collect your personal information, which is information that identifies you or relates to you as an identifiable individual. Alike will collect personal information from you directly, through your healthcare provider, and automatically as outlined below.
A. Information We Collect From You
When you use our Mobile Application, we will collect your personal information when you:
• Create an account: When you download our Mobile Application and create an account, we will collect from you only your email address. We use your email for first time identification, after connecting to your medical provider we remove your email from our records and deidentify your medical records.
• Complete your medical record: If you direct or authorize us to receive your medical record from your healthcare provider and you add supplemental information into your Alike account, we will collect from your healthcare provider and you information on your health conditions, medications, and procedures. We use this personal information to provide you with the Mobile Application and to provide you with relevant content within the Mobile Application, such as community discussions.
• Interact with Alike communities: The Mobile Application permits you to create posts on different topics under your nick name, such as certain health conditions and treatments. In doing so you may choose to disclose personal information in those posts. Please be aware that when you post content or chat in the App other users of the Mobile Application and the physicians that may moderate some discussions in the communities would be able to see this content.
• Interact with the App: When you use the App, we also collect, automatically, information about your interactions with the App and discussions that you conduct with other users of the App.
• Contact us: If you contact our customer support team, we will collect from you your name and email address. We use this personal information to respond to your questions or inquiries, troubleshoot where necessary, communicate with you, and address any issues you may have.
Alike may also use your personal information collected for the above purposes, to comply with the law, and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
In addition to the personal information you provide, we also collect information automatically via cookies as you use our Mobile Application. This information includes:
• Usage information: We use strictly necessary, performance, analytics, and advertising cookies to collect information about your interaction with our Mobile Application, such as the pages you visit, the frequency of access, how much time you spend on each page, and what you click on. We use this information to: (i) conduct analytics; (ii) enhance user experience; (iii) conduct targeted online advertising and measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns; (iv) prevent fraudulent use of the Mobile Application; and (v) diagnose server and Mobile Application errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.
• Device information: We use strictly necessary, performance, analytics cookies, and advertising cookies to collect certain information about the device you use to access our Mobile Application, such as hardware model, operating system, and your preferences. We use this personal information to (i) conduct analytics; (ii) enhance user experience; (iii) conduct targeted online advertising and measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns; (iv) prevent fraudulent use of the Mobile Application; (v) diagnose server and Mobile Application errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse; (vi) provide enhanced functionality; and (vii) remember your preferences.
Particular cookies to note for our users include:
• Mixpanel — Analytics
• AppsFlyer — Advertising Analytics
Alike may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
Within Alike: Where necessary, we may share your personal information within Alike and with our company group in order to efficiently carry out our business and to the extent permitted by law.
With service providers: We may share your personal information with service providers that assist us in providing the Mobile Application, such as our IT support, Mobile Application Host, analytics provider and communications vendors.
With other users of the Mobile Application: If you post in Alike Communities, your nickname, and any information you include in your post will be viewable by other users of the Mobile Application and physicians moderating discussions on communities. Currently, if you wish to delete your posts contact us at email@example.com.
In the event of a corporate reorganization: In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our organization, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or liquidation or other disposition of assets, we would share your personal information with third parties in connection with the transaction.
You can access your Alike account to correct or view certain personal information of yours in our possession and which is associated with your account or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that we do so.
You can delete your Alike account at any time by going into your account settings in the App. You can also stop all further collection of your personal information by the Mobile Application by uninstalling the Mobile Application.
If you have enabled push notifications on the Alike Mobile Application, you may disable these at any time by updating your mobile device settings.
If we send you marketing emails, you may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided with each email. Please note that we will continue to send you emails necessary to the Mobile Application, your account, or any assistance you request.
If you are a consumer in the State of Nevada, you may request to opt-out of the current or future sale of your personal information. We do not currently sell any of your personal information under Nevada law, nor do we plan to do so in the future. However, you can submit a request to opt-out of future sales by contacting us at email@example.com. Please include “Opt-Out Request Under Nevada Law” in the subject line of your message.
Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the personal information we collect and maintain and periodically check our security measures and upgrade them when necessary. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the information we have collected from you.
The Mobile Application is not for anyone under the age of 18. If we become aware that anyone under the age of 18 has registered with us and provided us with personal information, we will take steps to terminate that person's account and delete their personal information. If you believe we might have information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.