I have been having joint pain for years, and I have no idea what could have started/be causing it. How would I go about getting a diagnosis/finding relief for it?

Generalized pain

Arthralgia, Arthropathy

Joint pain

Fibromyalgia (FM)

View all
  • Katekatt


    Definitely go to a rheumatologist. My regular practitioner never pointed me in their direction, I was actually pushed to see a rheumatologist when I ended up in urgent care in extremely bad pain with nothing to explain it in X-rays. The rheumatologist got to know me, and ran extensive blood tests, and diagnosed me with undifferentiated connective tissue disease. I hope this helps!

    • Eloise


      I have mixed connective tissue disease as well as fibromyalgia. I once took ultram years ago. It was very helpful. Then it became a controlled drug and I stopped.

  • BirdyHums


    A rheumatologist or a physical therapist could probably help. I had super bad joint pain in my ankles, knees, and hips for years and ot turned out that some of the joints weren't in sync with how far they extended so I went to a PT for a few months and they gave me some exercises that did wonders.

☝ This content is generated by our users and it is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult with your physician before making any medical decision

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.