hey, so I've been dealing with ptsd and anxiety for a while. I've been wanting to get my dog trained for service work because she can pick up on when I go into an episode/attack and she knows what to do to get me out of it. tonight I had numerous back to back and I am considering talking to my doctor about getting me meds and a letter for my dog. any advice?

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

View all
  • crimsonwolf


    do it, thats what im doing to get my dog registered as an esa animal for mine.

  • EnglishSoul


    No advice, but I'm interested in what others have to say

  • pfunkie


    Hey I have a service animal and please keep in mind there is no official registery because some places will try to tell you that your animal has to be registered. All you need is a letter from your doctor. Something else I'd like to add is training for a service animal. You can train your own or get someone else to do it. If you decide to go with a company they will make you pay around $2,000.

☝ This content is generated by our users and it is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult with your physician before making any medical decision

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.