what Dr should I be seeing. the rheumatologist in my area don't treat fibro Unless you have another condition.

Fibromyalgia (FM)

View all
  • Oouchthathurts


    I would start by calling your insurance number should be on the back of your card and ask about dr’s in your area that you can see and hopefully they will have a doctor who treats just fibromyalgia. Make sure you ask for fibromyalgia doctors. That’s the best way I know how to find a doctor that will covered by your insurance and not out of pocket. But the second is by getting online and start searching in your area - you might be able to find someone that way too. :) but it might be out of pocket cost to you. I wish you luck.

  • Oouchthathurts


    And if you can’t find one. I suggest finding a new Rheumatoid doctor who will treat you and not make excuses why they can’t treat you. And if your in pain see your primary care or Rheumatoid doctor to write you a referral to a pain management clinic.

  • Scoutie


    I go to rheumatologist, but my GP is more helpful. I had gastric bypass surgery in 2007 and it was helpful until 5 years ago.

  • SeaPhoenix


    If you can find one in your area, a neuro-immune specialist. Or / a functional med dr

  • Jula


    My best advice is to get out of western medicine. Find a doctor that treats root causes, not symptoms.

☝ This content is generated by our users and it is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult with your physician before making any medical decision

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.