hey y'all. I recently got diagnosed with EDS. I've had joint issues for 16 years and it took me needing shoulder surgery to get diagnosed. but like what do I do now?

Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS)


View all
  • strigiformes


    I'd suggest seeing a physical therapist if you can. Avoid overworking yourself to where you'll have a flare up, but still stay active. Everyone's symptoms are different, my hypermobility and issues are more in my legs. I gave up on exercise for years and let my muscles weaken because of how painful it was, don't do what I did!! You don't have to run or anything fancy, but I've noticed I really really like walking! If you have days where you need a mobility aid, don't be afraid to use it!

  • Chesne


    Like the person before me said, find a good physical therapist that you trust and that LISTENS to what you say. A good physical therapist is a life saver. Get into exercise that is easy on joints. Rule of thumb: If a normal person can't do something with their joints then you shouldn't be because you can cause more damage.

  • Mickey_Buff


    Find a good physical therapist who will listen to you and find a good orthopedic doctor too

☝ This content is generated by our users and it is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult with your physician before making any medical decision

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.