I’m currently trying to look into tests to diagnose POTS but my cardiologist refuses since he’s totally sure my issues are due to a previous heart condition, without doing any tests or listening to anything first. Any tips on getting tests?


Chronic Tachycardia

Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)

View all
  • anemone


    seeing a neurologist would probably be your best bet. cardiologists don't tend to do any of the testing for it (in my experience) despite the condition being about tachycardia, because it's not an abnormality with the heart itself - the tachycardia in pots is inappropriate sinus tachycardia (or basically, your body telling your heart to go fast because your autonomous nervous system gets confused). a tilt table test is the gold standard as far as i know, and a neurologist who treats POTS can at least send you to the right place if not do it themselves, or recommend other testing as they see fit. you will probably need a referral to the neurologist from a primary care provider - i did at least. good luck to you!

☝ This content is generated by our users and it is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult with your physician before making any medical decision

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.