Have you had success with any treatments for POTS or vertigo?
I need this info too! I feel like my POTS symptoms are not frequent enough to seek treatment. But it keeps me from driving so I guess it is pretty life altering.
Non prescription tips:
- electrolye drinks! The one that helps my POTS the most is liquidIV
- compression socks
- mobility aids. I use a walker or cane on okay days, wheelchair on bad days or days that will require a lot of walking
- room temperature showers (body temp fluctuations can trigger symptoms)
- don't be afraid to sit on the floor in public! People looking at you funny for 5 mins is better than fainting and them calling 911!!
- keep salty snacks around, as they'll help raise your BP during an episode
- if you have nausea with your POTs, keep peppermint around too
Dr related tips:
- if you have daily symptoms, a low dose of a beta blocker can be prescribed. If you can, discuss this with a cardiologist and not general practitioner, as they will have a better understanding of drug interactions related to beta blockers. My primary care Dr once prescribed me a med that can cause orthostatic hypotension... to treat my orthostatic hypotension 🤦♂️
- ask for a yearly ekg, and if you are high risk for other heart conditions a yearly echo as well. Both of these tests are easy, and essential to catching new heart issues before they get severe. Better to be safe than sorry
I love all of this!
☝ This content is generated by our users and it is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult with your physician before making any medical decision
Discover your Alikeness™ with people who are on the same journey, gain wisdom and get emotional relief in a secure & anonymous space.
Scan code or click below download the app