I feel alone having DID. Do you receive govt aid for it? It prevents me from being able to work full time.

Anxiety (Including GAD)

Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)


View all
  • Dark_Johnny


    I don't get any aid, but I highly recommend getting therapy.. It's the only thing that helped me cope with this and be able to work and function.

  • Syd.The.Space.Sloth


    youre not alone <3 sadly, i dont know about the government aid thing. i suggest researching or possibly asking a doctor

  • bonemarreaux


    I don't know what country you're in, but in America it's very difficult to get aid, as DID isn't in their "list" of diagnoses. Usually you have to settle with PTSD or depression or anxiety. You have to have a professional diagnosis from a doctor/psychiatrist, you have to have proof you can't work such as statements from coworkers/bosses, or unemployment for a certain amount of time (usually a year.) It's really really fucking hard to get disability benefits. It can take years. You have to know you'll probably get rejected a lot. You'll have to constantly reapply. There are two types of disability payments (SSI and SSDI(?)) The first is money you get for being disabled and the second comes fromoney you've paid in from past work history. If yoy haven't worked much, you won't get much. Not to mention, if you get married you will lose benefits. You cannot have over a certain amount of income in any bank account ever. (I think it's $2,000 but I could be wrong.) If you go over that amount, benefits will be taken away. There are special bank accounts for disabled people to keep money so this doesn't happen. I've never looked i to it, as I do not have disability. I have looked into it, but I am getting married soon, so it is pointless. My piece of advice is to get therapy. Therapy is the ONLY thing that keeps me going to work. And I work VERY part time. (Like 2-3 days a week) but I have a good paying job so I am still able to pay bills with a small amount of work. I also get to choose my schedule and take off as much time as I want anytime. (Before you ask, it's a substitute teacher. It's stressful af, but I have a teaching degree so I am well trained in this field.) But seriously. Find a way to get therapy. Lots of offices work on a sliding scale so it's more affordable. I would google which offices in your area offer a sliding scale. Even if the therapist isn't a trauma specialist, being able to talk about issues like depression/anxiety/etc will help TONS. Hope this helps.❤️ -Jules

☝ This content is generated by our users and it is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult with your physician before making any medical decision

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.